Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anthony :3

Immigration Topic Anthon (Aff) vs Masturdebater69(neg)

Recommended Posts

Hey friend ill have the 1 A up at like 5 but i wanted to start the thread rn 

Word Count for Constructive is 2700

for Rebuttals is 1700

Edited by Anthon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does obtaining LPR status work post plan? Do people obtain temporary residence then apply for LPR? If it is just a path to citizenship, then do you fiat them being granted citizenship?

In abramsky 18 you say sending refugees back to dangerous situations is ethically wrong. Why is this ethically wrong and why is it uniquely wrong when compared to other forms of suffering, such as that caused by war?

How many people are helped by plan?

How does quantifying violence permit structural violence?

In Nixon 11 you say there are terminal threats to structural violence. Why haven't they happened now?

In Lind 11 you say refugee policy is modeled abroad - what countries specifically would model plan?

  • Positive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, masturdebater69 said:

How does obtaining LPR status work post plan? Do people obtain temporary residence then apply for LPR? If it is just a path to citizenship, then do you fiat them being granted citizenship?

In abramsky 18 you say sending refugees back to dangerous situations is ethically wrong. Why is this ethically wrong and why is it uniquely wrong when compared to other forms of suffering, such as that caused by war?

How many people are helped by plan?

How does quantifying violence permit structural violence?

In Nixon 11 you say there are terminal threats to structural violence. Why haven't they happened now?

In Lind 11 you say refugee policy is modeled abroad - what countries specifically would model plan?

Off CX

Hey heads up can you please number your Questions in the future, thx love. (sidenote)

Also what are your and our Judges' pronouns i don't want to be rude and misgender

On CX

1) Our plan grants a path to permanent residency a quote from the plan "Temporary Protected Status recipients to adjust their status to lawfully admitted for permanent resident.". The point of fiat is that one of the mechanisms that drives our plan "passing the Extending Status Protection for Eligible Refugees with Established Residency Act of 2017" will pass

2) What the card is there for is to say that sending people back to unsafe environments is bad and it sounds like you are insinuating the suffering of these people shouldn't matter. We aren't saying this suffering trumps all other types of suffering but we are saying that it CAUSES suffering and to overlook this suffering and pain is unethical and disgusting.

3) We will provide that in our next speech.

4) Like my card states "What constitutes violence is always mediated by an expressed or implicit dichotomy between legitimate or illegitimate, permissible or sanctioned acts. Most violent acts consist of conduct that is socially permitted, encouraged, or enjoined as a moral right" this quote is saying the moment you quantify Structural violence you allow for things to slide and give false reasoning and most of the times it is society that has a role in creating this violence as legit and some people see as a right.

5) Think of the impacts as a ramp they start small then gradually get higher then higher then even higher so any speeding of the process is unacceptable and they are happening now just look at all the hate crimes in the news and the death and despair caused around the world IT KEEPS RAMPING UP.

6) Hopefully our Allies will and as my card states "Countries explicitly look to each other to compare and adjust their own refugee admissions" so it is evident that other countries DO compare and when someone finds a good solution other countries WILL model.

 

Im ready for 1NC when you are. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Ill have like 7 more CX questions but i have exams tommarow so ill have rest up like 5 or 3 ? so bear with me for rn ill ask like 3 rn and rest later)

 

Cross Ex

1) What is the status of your advocacy on regards to you CP?

2) Do you in you Kritik propose an Alternative?

3) If so, what is you status of advocacy on regards to your Alternative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest Of CX @masturdebater69

1) You are saying immigration policy in general leads to a rise in capitalist power?

2) Can you explain how you CP works in the sense how will the Courts enact policy?

3)Do you assume Neg Fiat

4) For your policies are there Test Cases?

5) Explain your thesis.

6) You agree Cross Ex IS binding?

7) Please give a word count, we agreed on one and it is only fair to give specific word counts.

 

I have one more follow up then  ill have 2 AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

Rest Of CX @masturdebater69

1) You are saying immigration policy in general leads to a rise in capitalist power?

Immigrants are used to prop up capitalism and rhetoric among attempts at "reform" only reinforce that.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

2) Can you explain how you CP works in the sense how will the Courts enact policy?

The plan just removes restrictions - the counterplan just strikes these same restrictions down.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

3)Do you assume Neg Fiat

yes

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

4) For your policies are there Test Cases?

We don't specify one but hypothetically one could be called.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

5) Explain your thesis.

For which argument.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

6) You agree Cross Ex IS binding?

yes

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

7) Please give a word count, we agreed on one and it is only fair to give specific word counts.

2396

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Anthon said:

I have one more follow up then  ill have 2 AC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarification

2 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

For which argument.

  1. Let me rephrase, please in your own words explain the thesis or crux of your Kritik.

Follow-Up

Follow-Up to #4)  So now you do claim Test Case or not, please be very clear in your future speeches that you do or do not call it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthon said:

Clarification

  1. Let me rephrase, please in your own words explain the thesis or crux of your Kritik.

Plan relies upon a capitalist view of immigration that reinforces capitalism. which will result in extinction through environmental degradation. Instead Capitalism needs to rejected for the negative's historical materialist pedagogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anthon said:

Follow-Up

Follow-Up to #4)  So now you do claim Test Case or not, please be very clear in your future speeches that you do or do not call it.

Hey can you respond to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Why is is important to remove the registration review period and maximum number of admissions?

2. Does your aff give LPR directly or just provide a path to it?

3. What's the impact to the foreign policy decision-making turn on the Plenary Powers da?

4. With the bioterror turn on plenary powers - your argument is the plenary power doctrine prevents bioterror by allowing the executive to exclude immigrants who may have diseases, correct?

5. Where does your Global 17 card talk about extinction?

6. What is causing the refugee crisis plan is trying to solve?

7. Is the environment getting better?

8. What in your evidence against Base is specific to refugees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, masturdebater69 said:

1. Why is is important to remove the registration review period and maximum number of admissions?

2. Does your aff give LPR directly or just provide a path to it?

3. What's the impact to the foreign policy decision-making turn on the Plenary Powers da?

4. With the bioterror turn on plenary powers - your argument is the plenary power doctrine prevents bioterror by allowing the executive to exclude immigrants who may have diseases, correct?

5. Where does your Global 17 card talk about extinction?

6. What is causing the refugee crisis plan is trying to solve?

7. Is the environment getting better?

8. What in your evidence against Base is specific to refugees?

1) It makes the process easier and more efficient than having to wait the 180 days

2) "to allow Temporary Protected Status recipients to adjust their status to lawfully admitted for permanent resident. " to quote from my plan we provide directly the LPR status but we provide a pathway to citizenship.

3) The Pandemic impact

4) No, it means they choose if they are placed in quarantine and are treated or they can go back to their country of origin.

5) "high mortality and rapid spread in our densely populated, urbanized and highly interconnected world. HOW MUCH DO WE KNOW? Catastrophic pandemics – diseases with high lethality that spread globally – are extremely disruptive"

6) Like we said in many of our cards there are a plethora of reasons such as War, Political instability, Government Supression, etc. look to the Country of Nicaragua right not (we mention this country in one of our cards) the leader is killing reporters they are killing my family and people are scared beuase they are also killing protesters what is happening there is Shreked up so this plan is t at least help those fleeing looking for a safe haven so don't you come here telling me that we should leave them to die.

7) We are making strides in technology and culture to help the environment.

8 )We have FIAT so that means the President WILL sign our plan into action and he hasn't ONCE taken down one of his own immigration plans so we argue he will paint the plan as a win on Twitter and because his Base conforms to what he says they have to suck it up and go with it, People who voted for him trust him more than any News outlet so we don't need specific refugees evidence all we have to prove is the Base will not turn on him so aslong as he pumps out those tweets that change the tone of the plan to be more palatable to his base then we do not link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use