Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masturdebater69

Immigration Topic V-debate Masturdebater69 (aff) vs TheTrashDebater (neg)

Recommended Posts

Here's CX-

 

1. What does the 1AC define as "relaxing" requirements

 

2. Does the aff spill over to global action?

 

3. Your Avendano and Danning evidence says-

 

"Migrant workers need to be empowered by policies that allow them to exercise the ability to change their working conditions and have the freedom to move from abusive situations, without the fear of prosecution for immigration-related violations. Only when migrants have full rights and protections equal to all workers in the U.S"

 

How does the aff access broader structural workers rights?

 

4. Where's the warrant in the Fasterling and Demuijnck 13 evidence that says combating human rights violations should be at the forefront of policy-making?

 

5. Why vote aff?

 

6. Why is the fed key?

 

7. What stops trafficking from being shifted to other nations, or rather why is the plan key to broader deconstruction of trafficking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

Here's CX-

 

1. What does the 1AC define as "relaxing" requirements

Applicants won't have to prove "severe" trafficking, just that they were trafficked.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

2. Does the aff spill over to global action?

It is within the realm of possibility, but the 1ac makes no claims to that extent.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

3. Your Avendano and Danning evidence says-

 

"Migrant workers need to be empowered by policies that allow them to exercise the ability to change their working conditions and have the freedom to move from abusive situations, without the fear of prosecution for immigration-related violations. Only when migrants have full rights and protections equal to all workers in the U.S"

 

How does the aff access broader structural workers rights?

Right now, people who have been trafficked are in a vunerable situation where they are without rights or protections - granting them legal status gives them access to services that remove them from those situations and restore their rights.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

4. Where's the warrant in the Fasterling and Demuijnck 13 evidence that says combating human rights violations should be at the forefront of policy-making?

Human rights are by definition fundamental issues to be applied equally to all - this means we need to ensure there are no exceptions to human rights issues first.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

5. Why vote aff?

To fulfill our moral obligation to maintain human rights through plan.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

6. Why is the fed key?

These are federal restrictions - if they aren't removed they will prevent further progress.

4 hours ago, TheTrashDebater said:

7. What stops trafficking from being shifted to other nations, or rather why is the plan key to broader deconstruction of trafficking?

Trafficking wouldn't shift to other nations - most people who are trafficked are lured in with promises of coming over to the US for improving their life but are instead tricked into vulnerable situations - if we help fix it here there's no reason to believe it would shift over, and the aff isn't really about global trafficking just trafficking in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay loves Ill be one of your judges my paradigm is here 

Just impact your things clearly and if there is any extra drama added I will deduct speaks.. yeah so lets have a good round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, TheTrashDebater said:

3. I get that, but your evidence says that only full rights to migrants solves trafficking, how does the aff access that?

The card is talking about migrants who have been trafficked, not migrants as a whole.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, TheTrashDebater said:

4. I understand that, I’m just asking for the warrant on policy-making, where is it?

", no reference to whatever prevailing legal framework can justify the violation, and second, no consideration of another nature"

It says we need to shape legal frameworks to ensure human rights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-ex

1.  What is the net benefit to the counterplan? How does it avoid it? 

2. Where does your McManus evidence say passing pro-immigration policy will help Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump in the midterms?

3.  Where in your Klass evidence does it account for perception abroad as opposed to domestically?

4. How do we create a "good immigrant-bad immigrant" distinction?

5. What is "the party"? How do Party politics solve for neoliberalism?

6. With the victimization argument, can the plan happen under your method?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

Cross-ex

1.  What is the net benefit to the counterplan? How does it avoid it? 

 

1. Midterms- avoided by the CP because the CP is perceived of action outside of congress

 

2. The Wall- agencies don’t have to cooperate with the executive branch to implement regulations, so there’s no risk of a link

 

11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

2. Where does your McManus evidence say passing pro-immigration policy will help Supreme Leader Donald J. Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump in the midterms?

 

Our argument isn’t that it helps Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump in the midterms, our argument is that shifting congressional focus to the plan is uniquely key for Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump to spin the dialogue in favor of republicans which will deck the democrats ability to win 2018

 

11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

3.  Where in your Klass evidence does it account for perception abroad as opposed to domestically?

 

Our argument isn’t about perception of Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump, it’s about checking Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump’s policies

 

11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

4. How do we create a "good immigrant-bad immigrant" distinction?

 

Our argument in the Ehrkamp card says that the admitting of certain immigrants creates this distinction because they’re seen as “more productive” this creates that binary of good and bad immigrant that’s also exclusiionary

 

11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

5. What is "the party"? How do Party politics solve for neoliberalism?

 

Our argument is that a praxis of collective solidarity is necessary to organize broader structural movements against capitalism, Dean writes about that praxis as either a literal or metaphorical Party

 

11 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

6. With the victimization argument, can the plan happen under your method?

I mean, sans your wording of victim in order to replicate systems of disempowerment of survivors

 

so basically yes, but we say your discourse is bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Will the counterplan be approved/passed through congress?

2. Where specifically in your McManus evidence does it say pro-immigration bills help Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump spin the dialogue?

3. What are the risks of an unchecked Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

1. Will the counterplan be approved/passed through congress?

 

Yes, but if you’re gonna go for still links to the net benefits, Rodriguez points out that the agencies actions are perceived outside of congressional action

 

3 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

2. Where specifically in your McManus evidence does it say pro-immigration bills help Supreme Leader Donald J. Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump spin the dialogue?

 

The McManus evidence talks about the abolish ICE movement and how the president spun the dialogue of that against democrats

 

3 hours ago, masturdebater69 said:

3. What are the risks of an unchecked Supreme Leader Donald J. Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump?

 

Unbridled authoritarianism, which leads to extinction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use