Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there any plans to make a discord for this site cause I love that I can sign in with my Discord but we should have a server to have voice debates a maybe even a camp if thats possible also we can make custom Emote which would be super cute :3

I run a discord for me and my teammate and it goes super smooth and we already had a camp there so I know that It can work out and makes the experience feel in an odd way feel more personal

We've had some minor discussion of this, particularly in context of little to no usage of our more advanced chat features (that would just be cheaper to drop tbh). There are some integration options we could incorporate as well (not like live chat widgets, but other smaller features). 

10 hours ago, A Quack Debater said:

There's already a huge debate discord. I'm on it. It's got like 2200 people lol, mostly LD kids but a sizable policy group.

Oh yeah we're aware of it. It's why we haven't created a discord lol 

Our interest in creating one for Policydb8 now is due to the low usage of our chat feature and the ability to integrate it somewhat into the site, also because it was requested

• Positive 1

5 hours ago, ColinD said:

Oh yeah we're aware of it. It's why we haven't created a discord lol 

Our interest in creating one for Policydb8 now is due to the low usage of our chat feature and the ability to integrate it somewhat into the site, also because it was requested

don't you want to keep people actually on the site though, for the purposes of having a dedicated site that you've brought up previouslY?  plus the chat feature can be customized to whatever's the best for debaters, instead of what's best for gamers

2 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

don't you want to keep people actually on the site though, for the purposes of having a dedicated site that you've brought up previouslY?  plus the chat feature can be customized to whatever's the best for debaters, instead of what's best for gamers

Reasonable point. Ultimately our regular user base is effectively represented in this thread right now, so any chat feature is very underutilized at the moment.

• Positive 1

14 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

it would be cool to customize it to tailor to debaters, such as including the ability to respond lbl (more easily), insert cards from a database, etc. 

I like those ideas. The big necessity with moving forward with deeper customization is building a larger user base. So right now we're more focused on content over features (along with balancing this work with our professional lives).