Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gduchoa

Most Strategic Counterplans

With last year's most strategic counterplan being the 50 States CP, this year's is still a mystery to me. I've been across the Canada eh CP but I'm not sure if that one is a good bet and I've used a couple of Advantage CP's as well, though I'm curious about which CP would be the most strategic for this year's topic.

you can't go wrong with the Canada eh CP as long as you are able to beat the perm and as long as they don't read any U.S specific advantages. Me and my partner run Parole CP and Courts CP a lot we normally end up going with the courts CP at the 2nr if we don't go for the K lol

• Positive 1

3 hours ago, Shadowpanda71 said:

you can't go wrong with the Canada eh eh CP as long as you are able to beat the perm and as long as they don't read any U.S specific advantages. Me and my partner run Parole CP and Courts CP a lot we normally end up going with the courts CP at the 2nr if we don't go for the K lol

Could you explain the Courts CP for me please, if you don't mind?

• Positive 1

CP text we use: The federal judiciary should invalidate < restrictions on legal immigration > citing that the political question doctrine does not bar the justiciability of immigration cases

so basically the courts does the plan but you probably knew that already. the CP revolves around the political question doctrine, which allow courts to reject hearings from immigrants who seek political help because it is politically charged in the status quo, i.e. Immigration controversy around  Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump the CP rejects this notion that prevents help to be given to immigrants. for example 

Edited by Shadowpanda71
  • Positive 1

1 hour ago, Shadowpanda71 said:

Why does t r u m p turn into Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump ?

Word filter. Some are for foul language, some are for our amusement. Up to you to decide on this one.

1 hour ago, Shadowpanda71 said:

Why does t r u m p turn into Supreme Leader Donald J. Supreme Leader Donald J. Trump ?

its his proper title

• Positive 1