Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ColinD

Well... This is a thing

I mean Shapiro and Peterson are horrible, like first up on the wall horrible, but just vote against them maybe instead disqualifying

now people are gonna whine about "sjws ruining debate" or whatever

which as a K debater that does that style on principle, really doesn't sound fun

By disquallified they meant that the judge stopped the round and voted for the other team because they didn't give a TW for doing Messed up doody that causes Pyschological Violence. 

so, basically... "i wasn't prepared to answer the argument in a way that didn't feed the argument and ensure i would lose, so therefore debate is super gross and unfair"?

38 minutes ago, jmcowan said:

so, basically... "i wasn't prepared to answer the argument in a way that didn't feed the argument and ensure i would lose, so therefore debate is super gross and unfair"?

WTF no - its "U said violent doody that causes real pyschological violence within this space, You didn't give us a T/W for thrat doody that we could prepare to cope with before the round" I think ur framing of it is super essentializing and is part of the reason why minority debaters don't feel safe in debate ❤️

22 hours ago, ronniesportman said:

WTF no - its "U said violent doody that causes real pyschological violence within this space, You didn't give us a T/W for thrat doody that we could prepare to cope with before the round" I think ur framing of it is super essentializing and is part of the reason why minority debaters don't feel safe in debate ❤️

You make minority debaters seem like we cannot deal with that or we are weak to that in a way 🤔

5 hours ago, Anthony :3 said:

You make minority debaters seem like we cannot deal with that or we are weak to that in a way 🤔

I don't think thats true - Like I think folx like us are remarkable strong to survive and to engage in forms of militant preservation, but i think that simultaneously we should call out folx for problematic doody

9 minutes ago, ronniesportman said:

I don't think thats true - Like I think folx like us are remarkable strong to survive and to engage in forms of militant preservation, but i think that simultaneously we should call out folx for problematic doody

call out and kick out are 2 totally diffrent things, this was a coward move to just kick them out 😠. If we truly are strong LET US PROVE IT. We cannot just eject people we do not agree with we need to fight them directly! 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, ronniesportman said:

yeah, i think you misread my post. i was saying the NEGATIVES were being whiny babies for complaining about losing a round where their responses fed the affirmative position. as far as the judge stopping the round instead of just voting affirmative goes, i wasn't there. did the affirmatives argue that this was the only solution? if they did, did the negatives argue that point back? if the judge just went rogue and stopped the round with neither team arguing that it should be stopped, that's either a bad judge OR the arguments the negatives were spewing were offensive enough to violate the school system's / debate league's standards. i wasn't there and the video doesn't show the whole round, so i don't know.

also, where was the judge adaptation? if you know you have a hard left judge, why would you tack hard right? i mean, sure, if you have some inner need to do that, do it. but be prepared to OWN the framework flow. otherwise, you're gonna lose.

the video skips the framework debate all together. i would LOVE to see the framework flow from this round, because the negatives say the affirmatives didn't make arguments about the role of the ballot and the affirmatives and the judge say they did.

8 hours ago, jmcowan said:

yeah, i think you misread my post. i was saying the NEGATIVES were being whiny babies for complaining about losing a round where their responses fed the affirmative position. as far as the judge stopping the round instead of just voting affirmative goes, i wasn't there. did the affirmatives argue that this was the only solution? if they did, did the negatives argue that point back? if the judge just went rogue and stopped the round with neither team arguing that it should be stopped, that's either a bad judge OR the arguments the negatives were spewing were offensive enough to violate the school system's / debate league's standards. i wasn't there and the video doesn't show the whole round, so i don't know.

also, where was the judge adaptation? if you know you have a hard left judge, why would you tack hard right? i mean, sure, if you have some inner need to do that, do it. but be prepared to OWN the framework flow. otherwise, you're gonna lose.

the video skips the framework debate all together. i would LOVE to see the framework flow from this round, because the negatives say the affirmatives didn't make arguments about the role of the ballot and the affirmatives and the judge say they did.

Ah Gotcha - Sorry - Just some kids are like the aff and the judge are whining cuz they can't debate, those kids erk me lmao ❤️