Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
businessmonkey

Who would win in a debate, ColinD or LNRD?

WHO WOULD WIN IN A DEBATE?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. ColinD or LNRD?

• ColinD
    • LNRD

I mean if you wanna have a throwdown we can when I'm less busy with our preseason at Binghamton... :classic_biggrin:

• Positive 2

50 minutes ago, ThatIndiaDA said:

*File marketplace becomes a betting rig for debate

We don't really intend to become debate bookies, as easy as that would be to do.

48 minutes ago, Sam_ka$h said:

money is on leonardi 

Twist: this is my shell account and I'll take a dive in the 2nr.

10 hours ago, ColinD said:

Side note: you could have made this a poll :classic_biggrin:

can you upgrade it into one?  also, what about exclusive demo debates videos for the site?  I'm sure people would love to watch a founder showdown.  you could also probably get some cool debates between other great figures in the community.  I want to watch repko versus ede warner

5 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

can you upgrade it into one?  also, what about exclusive demo debates videos for the site?  I'm sure people would love to watch a founder showdown.  you could also probably get some cool debates between other great figures in the community.  I want to watch repko versus ede warner

Upgraded. 

And the first of those between Chris and I is forthcoming as a demo of the site's features.

We can't promise that we can get anyone else to do anything, but that doesn't mean we won't try. 

1 hour ago, ColinD said:

Upgraded. 

And the first of those between Chris and I is forthcoming as a demo of the site's features.

We can't promise that we can get anyone else to do anything, but that doesn't mean we won't try. 

what about a celebrity debate between elmo and cookie monster?

14 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

what about a celebrity debate between elmo and cookie monster?

more pointedly what's your opinion on non-policy debaters use of this site?  Is it fine for ben shapiro or contra points to use?

7 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

more pointedly what's your opinion on non-policy debaters use of this site?  Is it fine for ben shapiro or contra points to use?

It is ideal for this website to be available to people who show an interest in the activity and discussions that we have here regardless of debate affiliation. The idea is that traffic from people who may be interested in competing can lurk the website and ask questions if they weren't really aware of the activity before.

Those examples are interesting though and have given me pause outside of "everyone" idealism. I think Ben Shapiro is more a troll than a "non-debate debater." He would probably be treated (eventually banned) as such. The bigger problem with non-debate pop commentators showing up is attracting their fans, which can stand to be inflammatory. In that sense, I'm not too interested in celebs without a debate past joining. It's a seemingly arbitrary line to draw about which non-debate people can use the website. It could result in locking down the website with screening questions on registration, which would be unfortunate since that could turn away potential novices.

I know that's not really conclusive, I'm thinking out loud. 

2 hours ago, ColinD said:

It is ideal for this website to be available to people who show an interest in the activity and discussions that we have here regardless of debate affiliation. The idea is that traffic from people who may be interested in competing can lurk the website and ask questions if they weren't really aware of the activity before.

Those examples are interesting though and have given me pause outside of "everyone" idealism. I think Ben Shapiro is more a troll than a "non-debate debater." He would probably be treated (eventually banned) as such. The bigger problem with non-debate pop commentators showing up is attracting their fans, which can stand to be inflammatory. In that sense, I'm not too interested in celebs without a debate past joining. It's a seemingly arbitrary line to draw about which non-debate people can use the website. It could result in locking down the website with screening questions on registration, which would be unfortunate since that could turn away potential novices.

I know that's not really conclusive, I'm thinking out loud. 

got it.  I don't think shapiro's a troll; he just panders to the lowest common denominators. 

2 hours ago, businessmonkey said:

got it.  I don't think shapiro's a troll; he just panders to the lowest common denominators. 

Eh I think he deals in trying to "own the libs" and operates with that mentality in everything he does, at least in his "debates." Pretty troll-y.

7 hours ago, ColinD said:

Eh I think he deals in trying to "own the libs" and operates with that mentality in everything he does, at least in his "debates." Pretty troll-y.

I don't think he's trolling liberals because we're not his target audience. 

55 minutes ago, businessmonkey said:

I don't think he's trolling liberals because we're not his target audience. 

This stands to be an interesting T-"Troll" debate. 

Idt trolling needs to have your trolling target be your audience. In a lonely internet sense, trolls usually do it to entertain themselves. I think Shapiro is like a slightly less inflammatory Milo. He yours college campus to draw out liberal students, "troll," and farm video clips of "messing with that lib college student" to promote himself. And if it's not that, it's on Twitter. So, yeah, he doesnt troll his audience, he trolls libs to pander to his audience.

10 hours ago, ColinD said:

This stands to be an interesting T-"Troll" debate. 

Idt trolling needs to have your trolling target be your audience. In a lonely internet sense, trolls usually do it to entertain themselves. I think Shapiro is like a slightly less inflammatory Milo. He yours college campus to draw out liberal students, "troll," and farm video clips of "messing with that lib college student" to promote himself. And if it's not that, it's on Twitter. So, yeah, he doesnt troll his audience, he trolls libs to pander to his audience.

It's ok for an enterprising capuchin for me to use the site though right?

1 hour ago, businessmonkey said:

It's ok for an enterprising capuchin for me to use the site though right?

Yeah I guess you're okay ?